Jul 22, 2010

Uh oh.... EastTexasVideo?

There are a lot of good reasons to have a decent point-and-shoot camera, and the EastTexasPhoto household has been due for an upgrade for quite a while.

With the wife's blessing (she needs a camera too, you know) I looked at reviews, stuck with Canon and ordered an SD4000 is. I only had today to play with it before Mrs. EastTexasPhoto takes it out of town for the weekend, but so far I like it a lot.

Upside- reasonably simple interface and functionality. It should be easy to master the fun features. It is small, and at 10 megapixels, it is plenty of file size with what is supposed to be quite good low light performance. The lens is f2.0 at 24mm equivalent, and iso goes up to 3200, but I haven't played with it in the dark just yet.

Downside- no total manual control capability. Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority are in there though. I'm pretty sure that if I want to shoot manually, I will just use an SLR.

The other interesting possibility is that this camera shoots HD video. I am way behind the video learning curve, but here is a quick ride through Terrell after work. I'm just checking that iMovie and YouTube, Blogger and my brain are all cooperating. Apparently I seriously killed the video quality in the process, but it is fun anyway...
Music is the Steep Canyon Rangers playing on my truck radio.


When she returns, I will test further...

Don J.

No comments:

Post a Comment