Aug 2, 2009

Quick Pics - For the Birds

duckpond-124

The wife and I had a nice evening walk around a nice duck pond in Mesquite, TX. As a birthday gift, she tolerated me stopping at random moments to grab shots of the ducks and geese as I saw fit, including getting down to eye-level with some baby ducks. Well worth it if you ask me..
duckpond-209

Getting up close and personal with a blue-eyed goose of some variety..
duckpond-119

I was surprised to see this Egret hanging around the pond, and he (she?) allowed me to get up close for some portraits...
duckpond-206

duckpond-111

duckpond-205

duckpond-203

For an idea of the size of this bird... its feet reach almost all the way across a concrete block made from a whole bag of concrete mix...
duckpond-112


There were ugly ducks..
duckpond-106

...and pretty ones.
duckpond-108

Mohawk wearing ducks... (not the proper name, I think)
duckpond-115

A dove, eyeing our ice-cream leftovers...
duckpond-103

And ducks getting leftovers from picnics.
duckpond-201

I really wanted some flying duck photos... and that is harder than it seems. Blog post on focusing on moving objects is definitely in the works..
duckpond-107

And Finally...

More baby ducks, because you just can't have enough baby ducks..
duckpond-129

happy shooting,

don j.

No comments:

Post a Comment